Tuesday 12 January 2010

so... a cat has nine lives.....



but
how many does a sheep have?

poorly lamb has made it through the night again and once more is back with his friends... the good news is that the snow and ice has melted overnight so they are back to grazing..
our hope is that whatever is slowing his gut down (if that is what is wrong with him?) then he will search out what he needs from the field edge - apparently sheep are very good at this - works the same as a dog or cat eating grass... animals just know what is the best medicine for them..

in the meantime i have been distracting my glass half empty mind by emptying and cleaning the mahoosive bookcases in the living space - i have thinned out the books and i *love* how it looks
much fresher and lighter, but we now have a spare room half filled with rejected books...
hey ho



...now i can see my very favourite things more clearly...

the clock that sat in my dear Grandparents dining room for my entire childhood...

now given to me to look after .....


and simple displays that have a calm restful feel.....



perfect way to spend this windy day of sheep watching....

and if you can just keep those good luck vibes going for our wee chap we would be very, very grateful x

and for those that have asked if he is for market or a pet then do take a peep over at
this website .... it will explain that we run a Rare Breed Charity and our sheep are definitely NOT destined for the dining room table!

t x

19 comments:

Rachelle Blondel said...

so glad that lamb is okay rxx

lindsey said...

So glad to hear that the lamb is doing ok. Sending good vibes your way. The bookcases look great!

periwinkle said...

glad to hear he is hanging in there - fingers crossed. I love old clocks , yours is beautiful

heidi said...

Soooo glad sheep is feeling better again,hopefully being back with his friends will help cheer him up too.
Does 'sheep' have a name?!! x

GardenOfDaisies said...

I bet it feels so wonderful to have things sorted out. Both my kids have returned to college and so I'm busy cleaning their rooms again. I love your clock. I have my grandparents old chime clock too.

Just Original said...

I'm sure he will be ok! What with you on sheep watch!

Vanessa x

The Coffee Lady said...

I'd kill for those shelves. So many shelves!

Rubyred said...

So pleased your little lamb pulled through!
Rachel x

Sharon said...

So glad he has survived another night, hopefully he has turned the corner. How pleased I was to read that these are rare breed sheep and not for eating. I am a vegetarian purely because I love animals and can't bear the thought of eating them. I love reading your blog, it is like you are living the dream...

April said...

I know that with colic-y horses it helps to keep them up and walking, I wonder if the same thing would work with a sheepie? I'm not quite sure how one would walk a sheep though.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for the little guy.

Woo Gilchrist said...

Hey there. Happy New Year! Good news about lamby. Enjoyed catching up with your blog and especially your use of the word 'mahoosive' which I have not heard for ages and really made me laugh.

x

Alexandra said...

hope your lamb is doing ok! it would be great if you could send me a photo of Mabels coat, thank you lots xxx

weebug said...

your photos are simplicity in themselves. whenever i need a bit of calming, i love to pop over to your blog and take a peek.

kristina said...

Keeping the good vibes going. And love your shelves and arrangements--beautiful. K x

driftwood said...

fingers crossed for sheepy xx those shelves are just incredible. I want some too

mollycupcakes said...

We are all so happy that the lamb is on the mend.
He knows he's in the best place for lots of love and care.

Loving the new look book shelves, you have so many beautiful items.
I have a little parcel here for you and all at seahouse but won't send it until this flaming snow clears up.
It will be a new year cheer you up gift.
As i type the snow is falling once again here in Kent. another light dusting of icing lol
Keep warm lovely lady, speak soon.
If you'd like anything special made just for you, you know I'm always happy to do it honey.
Lots of love,
Catherine x

teacakebiscuit said...

hang in there baby sheep...we're thinking of you constantly xx

Lucille said...

I love your book, bottle and feather photo. I may do an homage. I have all three elements, they just need pulling together.

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Hope lamb is still improving. It's wonderful that you have your grandparents clock - it's beautiful.