Tuesday 1 May 2007

Made it through x

Binks the rabbit has made it through the worst........ hip hip hooray!!
He is now feeling very sorry for himself as he is stuck in this tiny hutch behind fly net, when he is used to having a large summer house and the full run of the garden.

Fear not Binks - your running and skipping days will be back soon xx




Bean is slowly driving us mad with her out bursts of completely mad behaviour!!
She can be curled up sound asleep and then in a blink of an eye she is tearing around the sitting room shrieking in a very high pitched voice.
Her nickname is the Ninja.....
She has so much energy just waiting to be let out - the picture below shows just what she thinks of the fact she is on lead walks only this week!!

Fear not Bean - your running and squirrel chasing days will be back soon xx

Today we had our first viewers for the house - i have decided to show people around myself as i really want to know who will be living here.
They were a nice young couple who want to move out of London and they seemed to like our cottage........
They are coming back on Saturday for a second look xx
It would be so odd to have an offer from the first viewing.

I felt o.k with the thought of this couple living here at Artichoke Cottage - when they were just about to leave the lady turned and said - don't worry we will love and look after your home x

We shall see......
On the craft front - the chair above is all i have managed this weekend. Just stripped of all nasty fabric and re - done in this sweet Vintage children's fabric.

See you all soon

Tx

10 comments:

Jane said...

We moved here from a house which had a phsycotic neighbour - we can't sell that house so every 6 months or so we go through the palaver of finding tenants.

I used to find the thought of someone new living in my home disturbing - or maybe it was more the fact that I knew they could not be expected to look after my garden (my first garden).

Now here is home and I am completely blase.

I hope you find someone you like for your house.
J
x

Gigibird said...

I accepted a lower offer so a nice couple could live in my old house rather than a buy to let man who wanted it as an investment.
I will never be rich, but at least I know my old house is being loved.

Ragged Roses said...

Glad that Bean and Binks have recovered. Sounds like very positive news on the house front - fingers crossed for you, I'm sure that whoever buys your house will fall in love with it and look after it. The fabric on that chair is gorgeous, where did you find it?! Good luck with everything, thinking of you
Kimx

Anonymous said...

It is sad leaving a home, I never got to meet our buyers as I had to move up to Scotland early but we exchange Christmas cards and when we were last down south we drove past, wierdly despite it being our first home I find we're so happy in our house up north I didn't feel sad - and when I saw they still had the curtains up we made when we moved in (9 years ago?!) I thought they must still love how we left it!

Gill said...

I love the chair, the fabric is so cute.
It is strange to think of someone else living in your home, but I think once you decide you're going to sell up you need to move on both physically and emotionally. You'll make the new house a home in no time and I'm sure your buyers will do the same.
Gill

Deb said...

Happy to hear that Bean & Binks are feeling better :-)
Good luck with your home... and the chair fabric is just adorable.

Primrose Hill said...

Glad to hear Binks and Bean are both on the mend.
Selling and moving house is so stressful, especially when you're moving from one end of the country to the other! You'll get there in the end though and wonder what all the fuss was about, just think what you've got to look forward to?!
Take care, sending you a big hug,
L x

Anonymous said...

The fabric, the chair..so simple and beautiful! I love it! You must be going through so many different emotions on the home front -- Good luck!

Victoria May Plum said...

Hooray for Binks!
The chair is gorgeous, I want one now, it's just my style.
Don't worry about who buys your house, I'm sure that they will love it just as you have. And you will be moving into a lovely new home soon, that you will love even more! I just know that everything will be perfect for all of you.
Victoria x

Betty Jo said...

So glad your bunny is better. We did that once, sold a house to the very first people who saw it. They turned out to be terrific and later became close friends. I wish you well with the sale of your cottage and I adore the name of it. xoxo