Friday 12 June 2009

a tiny bit of crafting has been achieved.....

but only a tiny bit :)

my new knitted hearts which i am totally in love, love, love with..... what's not to like - fantastic yarn, lavender and heart shaped - if they do not sell i shall gladly keep them all .....




another needle case to add to my range using a much treasured scrap of Vintage Eiderdown - sadly the very full of feathers quilt was shall we say "attacked" whilst my back was turned..... oh what fun the hounds had that day....... rah!





and finally a sweet brooch made for a customer - i love making personalised items x




but truly that is it.....
not exactly a large amount of craft work being done here.....
but i do have lots of things i want to make but my dear old sewing machine is coughing and spluttering a little which in turn is causing me to have slight worries.....
the nearest sewing machine hospital is many, many miles away....
i can foresee an afternoon of major machine surgery ahead - hopefully a good clean will sort the old girls problems out......
in the meantime i plan on digging out (and i do mean digging) the badge making machine...
it is somewhere in the very large pile of boxes that are still to be unpacked but i shall be brave and go in and search..... how hard can a rather large and heavy badge machine be to find?

other than the big search, this weekend will hopefully see us working on the hen house in readiness for our Rare Breed hens to arrive, finishing the boarding in the utility room and upstairs snug and repainting this gorgeous blue dresser as it has taken some serious knocks in transit - still undecided if it will have another coat of the duck egg blue or if it will become white.....




i also hope to pop an update over at Sea House.... perhaps a look round the garden as there really is very little to show you in the house - hopefully i will soon have a pretty utility room and snug :)

have a lovely Friday evening one and all - i am off to eat supper and then settle down for Big Brother .....

yep
addicted to it again.....

t x

10 comments:

Aqeela said...

Just caught up with your blog, please can you add me to the 'invited people only' list over at sea-house? I love both of your blogs, and photos of all the animals too!

Aqeela x

Bobo Bun said...

Tracy in your life of unbelievable achievements not much craftiness is a lot. The wool you used for the knitted heart is gorgeous. Love seeing all the different colours that each blog is drawn to.

Can't wait to see your hens.

Have a lovely weekend.

Lisa x

Annabelle said...

I like all the new things you made...especially the knitted hearts. The dresser is very pretty in blue. Big Brother doesn't start in the States until July. Every year I get addicted after I say I won't. The bad thing is that we have Big Brother After Dark (it's on Showtime) EVERY night for 3 hours. It's just live footage. Every year I say I'm not going to watch it but you know how it goes!

Love Honor Disobey said...

Hi sweetie...thanks so much for your lovely little messages. I'm thinking of you often. Please email me your address again...I found the most amazing thing for you at a bootfair, you are going to die laughing!
Love your new crafties...especially the needle cases...very nice.
hugs hugs hugs
xxx

Laura said...

Tracy everything is gorgeous. So glad you found me so that I could find you. AND you have tempeted me with talk of this sea house. Please add me to your invited list too as I would love to have a peek. Plus love the little heart book and all the thrifting and the sweet whippets. I vote to keep the dresser in blue, although come to think of it it would look lovely in white aswell. Oh no I can't decide! Please let us know what you do with it. Laura x

dottie angel said...

oh T, i am most worried for you little sewing machine... do not allow a 'quack' near her. i did once and the fate of Miss S. Machine was 'sealed'...

i say 'white' for the dresser and have you decided on your thrifty cupboard from a few weeks back... i'm still chanting "paint it, paint it" whenever i think of you :)

jill said...

Tracy, would you please add me to the sea house list too? I've been following your blog since before the builders came and have enjoyed every post! I live in Georgia in the USA and I've never seen anything like your home and the land and sea around it. I'm in awe.

Heart in the country said...

I love your latest needle case. And I can see why you would be quite happy keeping your lavender hearts to yourself they are lovely :0)

abbeysmum said...

I don't know what type of sewing machine you have but I have had a Bernina 1968 model for almost 20 years, I bought it second hand and it is Fantastic, the man who services it said he has always been able to repair these machines, even when they are used in schools and treated very badly, none have been so bad they have to be used as spare parts, that is quite an amazing quality statement.

teacakebiscuit said...

I will always vote for duck egg blue :) xo