Monday 29 June 2009

thank goodness for the cool sea breeze.....

this weather is amazing but i am so very, very grateful for the sea breeze along this East coast....
i cope very badly with hot weather and much prefer a bitterly cold day where i can be wrapped in layers or sitting in front of a roaring fire - but this dry and sunny time has meant that we have had a lovely weekend......

Saturday morning began with a very unexpected but truly lovely visit from a fellow blogger and her family x
a moment of magic as i realised who had called my name!

Saturday afternoon and i found time to drink tea made in my Grandpa's teapot, and sipped from the wonderful cup that my mama gave me ...... and a few rows of knitting :)




the hounds have entertained themselves with much wrestling......



ear appreciation........



father and son bonding........




consuming tigers.......




and a whole lot of sleeping.....



Sunday we had a little cake in celebration of talulla's birthday.....
gifts were opened with the usual frenzy.....
and a certain youngster developed a taste for cake.......




and became very, very cross when he could not reach it!!



so kindly auntie mabel showed him how in a only a couple of months he will be able to do this.....




seriously badly behaved dogs :)

t x

9 comments:

Jan said...

I hope you don't think you are the only one with seriously badly behaved dogs! Although you are in the running for that award, my dogs will give your dogs a run for the money!

But I can't imagine life without them...

Always,
Jan and her crew!

blueberry hill said...

So so cute...love the table pics!

Happy Birthday - hope they liked the cake xx

carolyn said...

Ho hum I have seriously badly behaved dogs too and they are utterly delightful!

nimblejacks said...

he he lovely piccies of your hounds there and what a lot of them you have. I can't believe how much your pup has grown! Ours is intent on eating anything that can't run away at the moment *sigh* what no strawberries left.....

Katie twinkles said...

I just have to think of that breeze and I am transported back there....so invigorating. I shall always remember that windy manic bus ride :-))

There again I may be living in Cromarty one day then every day shall be invigorating x

Lyn said...

...but oh so cute!
Love
Lyn
xxx

Pipany said...

Lovely pictures Tracy and I think most of us have badly behaved pers stowed away somewhere. Our ducks work hard at break-outs despite my best defences! xx

the pig lady said...

Hi Tracy, it's been so long, but so great to catch up with all the going on's in your corner. I can't believe how much cricket has grown!!! Your sheep looked amazing shedding their fleece, ours were so happy to rub away their hot coats but now they look like goats!! I am horrified I may not be able to look at the sea house - please please may I have an invite, in my chaos of house move and rented disaster it has kept me going. lots of hugs Debs xx

the english rose said...

i think your dog is adorable, our dog is naughty too, she is a whippet too, matilda is her name, i think you have seen her on my mums blog.
lydia